Moitessier HAT 2
HAT (Hardware Attached on Top) for Raspberry Pi 3 and 4 with dual channel AIS, GNSS, Compass, Heel, Trim and Pressure. By Rooco. You will need an external VHF antenna. There is a built-in GNSS antenna and it should be enough for most cases but if you have an steel boat or you place the HAT under metallic equipment, you may need an external GNSS antenna.
AIS antenna connector: SMA female.
Optional GNSS antenna connector: BNC female.
Some components of the Moitessier HAT have been discontinued. This involves some time to replace them with new models, tweak the software and a round of tests. We cannot provide a date yet, so please stop asking us by email :) We will inform you here about the availability of the new Moitessier HAT 3.
- High-sensitivity (better than -112 dBm) dual channel AIS receiver with SMA antenna connector.
- High-performance GNSS receiver with integrated patch antenna and external antenna support via BNC connector.
- Compass, heel and trim from gyroscope, accelerometer and magnetometer sensors (IMU).
- Barometric pressure.
- Standalone usage or in combination with Raspberry Pi (). Sensors are directly accessible via Raspberry Pi. Standalone usage requires 3.3V power supply and sensors are controlled by the HAT’s microcontroller.
- Fully compatible with Raspberry Pi models supporting 40-pin IO header.
- Data communication via SPI (AIS, GNSS and meta data) and via I2C (sensor data).Data accessible via device driver and device file.
- Supports ID EEPROM and automatic device tree loading.
- 3 status LEDs (AIS status, GNSS status, error).
- Shutdown button
- Firmware upgradeable via Raspberry Pi
- Full OpenPlotter compatible. Plug and play.
- Moitessier HAT
- 4 Screws
- 2 Spacers
- Pin header extender
- Quick Start Manual
You might also like